5 Jedi Mind Tricks to Help With Weight Loss
I’ve been there and done that! Kids and no kids, my weight has fluctuated quite a bit and it always came down to me and my desire to get moving, Firstly, you should never strive to unhealthy skinny and you should love what you got wherever you’re at in life. Sometimes stress is a real and big culprit. When you’re ready to make healthy changes, you can follow my 5 Jedi mind tricks to help you become successful at keeping the unwanted pounds at bay!
1. Wear Reminder Jewelry– Usually bad choices are made on impulse. You crave sugar, then the next thing you know it’s in your mouth! This idea works by giving you a reminder and a moment before all the damage is done. It’s kinda like the whole “sleep on it thing”. Make it fun, go treat yourself and even add a charm! Chances are you would have spent that money on junk food anyway. This is my lovely reminder below.
2. Write in a Gratitude Journal– Your attitude is like a flat tire, if you don’t change it, you will never go anywhere. When trying to make changes like weight loss, we forget how emotionally challenging it is. Life gets busy and we get stuck on a hamster wheel. Get off the wheel for 5 minutes before you goto bed and leave a little trail of gratitude behind. Research has shown so many benefits linked to journaling. If you don’t have the time at night you can do it once a week. Just jot down 5 things that happened during the week that you were thankful for. Focus on people and not just mundane things. A great app is Day One- I use it weekly. I actually really enjoy looking back these things.
3. Post Sticky Notes- Reminders work wonders. When someone says you’re good at something, don’t you stop and think, “Ya, I am!”. You want validation for things you spend the most time on. When you are working on yourself, value your hard work. We all want to be valued it’s a natural human desire. Post pick-me-ups all around the house or office. Ya, you’ll look like a weirdo if someone uses your bathroom, but not if they look this cool.
Courtesy of October Jones
4. Collect a Jar of Hearts- Hearts, stones, or money, whatever gives you a visualization. Just drop a stone into the jar when you lose weight or maybe go a whole weekend without junk. Fill up the jar and you will feel satisfied with all your hard work. Goals!!
5. Create a Vision Board– I know you are thinking this is soo high school, but it works! Research has shown that you are more likely to reach goals, if you define them. The power of attraction is possible with a little bit of work. Bring out all those old magazines and start getting down to your dreams. By dreams I mean realistic and attainable goals that are short-term. If you are really organized, you can create a life binder (pictured below). Make sure it’s not just about weight loss too. Identify your intentions and look at it everyday as an affirmation. You will be amazed, when you start checking things off! Create a dream board using Pinterest.
Basically, you have the power to control your weight loss. Yes, we all have off-days, cheat meals, and unexpected events, but don’t ever give up on yourself. Remember that progress is better than no progress.
What hack works for you?